25 October 2016

2016 Book Challenge {A Book You've Been Meaning to Read}

The Pact
Jodi Piccoult
{A Book You've Been Meaning to Read}

I finished reading this book on October 11th, so I am a little late on filling you all in on what I thought of this heartwrenching book!
Ooops. I guess I kinda already told you. 
To give a quick and spoiler free overview of this book. There are two young, late teenagers that are in love and have lived next door to each other for years. When one of them dies in a "Suicide Pact," the other is forced to prove their innocence during a court trial. 
So, in essence it is Romeo and Juliet with a bit of To Kill a Mockingbird. 
So. My thoughts on the book. Overall, I would give this book 3.5 stars. I think that it is worth the read. I wished that the ending was a little stronger and that the flow of the story worked a little more.

That being said. I did really like it and I found myself constantly reading it hoping that I could find out what happened. Maybe I am a little harsh on judging books lately. But the frequent flashbacks had me wishing that I could finish one part of the story before I was interrupted for another 30 pages. 

This story is definitely not a happy one. As you can imagine, no matter what happens in the court case, it is going to be horrendous. 

So, in summary, The Pact is worth the read, but not worth being place at the top of the shelf. 

Until Next Time...
Peace & Blessings. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment